Pages

Monday, March 22, 2010

New Craft Goodies

Today, at the office, we had our annual International Potluck. This was timed really well because the Board of Directors was at the office for a meeting so they could join in on the fun. My contribution was fried rice with mixed veggies, egg, and Polish sausage (thanks, Mom!). There was also food from countries such as Kenya, Burundi, India, etc. The desserts table was rather overwhelming with eclairs, carrot cake, cheesecake, brownies, s'more bars, etc. We have a "healthy food policy" at the office, but obviously we didn't follow it today.

Janice taught tonight's spin class and for a second, I thought it was Tuesday because that's the class she usually teaches. I was feeling a little disoriented because I had taken a nap right before class. "Cute front desk guy" was not his cheerful self today. Perhaps he's having a case of the Mondays.

My final birthday present arrived today from my sister, a month late (cough). She's a busy and poor graduate student so I'll cut her some slack. She made up for it by getting me some new craft goodies in the form of new border punches. She thought I could use new ones because, until today, I only owned one- the scalloped sentiment edge punch. So the two new members of my crafty stash are the apron lace and threading waters edge punches from Fiskars.

I appropriately used one of the punches for today's card, specifically the threading waters one. I was going for a cheerfully colorful card, so I used a bright red piece of patterned paper that I had used for another card earlier (don't want to be wasteful, right?), stamped the flowers, heat embossed the sentiment, and finished off the card by tying a knot with ribbon. I was thinking of adding buttons in the space between the sentiment and the flowers, but then I decided that it'd be overdoing it.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Stamps: Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiment and flowers)
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Lipstick Red and Yellow Citrus, StazOn in Olive Green
Paper: Die Cuts With A View- Citrus (red)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch

0 comments :

Post a Comment