Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Cookies and Cards

Has anyone seen the movie The Blind Side? I bought it yesterday previewed from Blockbuster and popped it into the DVD player in an effort to help me fall asleep last night. Instead, it was a fabulous movie, and I was up until 2 AM watching it. Heh. I've actually seen the movie before. It was on the plane on the way back from Dallas for a business trip in April, but the thing is that I forgot my headphones so I had to guess what the actors were saying. Anyway, it's a great flick and I highly recommend it. Watch with tissues of you're the type of person that cries during Mastercard or Hallmark commercials.

I was off work today because of Memorial Day...and with that said, thank you to those who have served, are currently serving, and will serve in the future (and your loved ones as well).

It was too hot and humid today to be doing anything outside today, so I spent some time making cards for my Etsy shop and baking cookies for the office. I told one of the computer guys a few weeks ago that I'd bake him cookies if he worked on putting my newsletter online. I think he'd do it anyway, but I'm hoping that the cookies will make my nitpicking, fine-tooth comb tolerable. Yes, I suppose this could be considered a bribe and manipulation. I'd like to think of this as knowing what incentives work for which people. I also wrote a letter to my friend Suzie, replying to a letter that she sent me in April. I know. Bad Tina, bad. In my own defense, I sent her a card and cookies for her birthday in May, but I definitely owed her a longer reply letter. This was a good opportunity for me to use some of the cute animal stationary that she got me for Christmas.

On to today's card. I made the flower portion of the card earlier today, but then when I sat down to make a card, I didn't know what to do with it! I took this opportunity to challenge myself to make it work, and this is the final product.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackberry, Warm Red
Stamps: Heidi Grace- Alphas, Reagan's Closet (heart, asterisk, butterfly), K.I. Memories- Mixed Up Alpha (sentiment), Hot Off The Press- Delicate Patterns (swirl)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow
Foam Adhesive: EK Success
Punches: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars threading water border punch, Carl Craft sakura punch

Song of the day: "Chances"- Five For Fighting. This is the song that plays during the credits of The Blind Side. I love the piano in the background.

0 comments :

Post a Comment