Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

CPS #176

Despite the urge to take a nap this evening, I mustered the energy to go to the gym. Just because there are no more spin classes held on TH nights until this fall doesn't mean that I can't get a workout in. No excuses. I ended up watching a mix of the end of Independence Day, Brian Williams's newscast, and MTV. Too bad the gym doesn't have the cable channel USA. Otherwise I'd be there all the time watching NCIS reruns. Anyway, the lady next to me on the elliptical was laughing at the Seinfeld episode that she was watching while she was working out. I still have decided if that was annoying of her to do that. What do you think?

I tackled CPS's card sketch #176 tonight. I challenged myself to use supplies or stamps that I hadn't touched yet, so in this card, they're the bird stamps and flower ribbon. Would you believe me if I told you that the decorative paper came from a single sheet? I think it's cool that there were so many patterns on one piece of paper. The middle panel was the toughest part because I didn't want to clutter it with stuff, but also didn't want to have too much white space. I think the gems helps with that balance. I also wanted the white cardstock to pop from the background, so I ran an ink pad around it. Ta da!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Tangerine, Olive Pastel
Stamp: Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiment), The Paper Company Studio- Whimsical Birds (birds)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
Paper: Making Memories- Chloe's Closet
Foam adhesive: EK Success

0 comments :

Post a Comment