Pages

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Punched Circle Flower

Today's strategic planning meeting went superbly well, I was so happy at the end of the day. Yes, this is possible, even though I came away from that meeting with a huge to-do list. You should see my notebook. There are a bunch of items with a circled asterisk. That's my symbol for "this needs to get done by you." BUT at least there is a plan of getting things done, and anyone who knows me knows that I work much better when there is a plan. I even contributed a few things to the meeting, rather than just sitting silently. We all went out to lunch to a Thai place...I got pad thai with chicken. Yum! The cookies I made yesterday were all gone by the time I went into the kitchen at lunch time. Only the crumbs remained. Good thing I saved a few at home.

For tonight's card, I was determined to use some purple circles that I punched out originally for this card, but ended up not using. I arranged them in a slightly overlapping fashion and created a flower. I also had a small yellow flower from the last time I used my Tim Holtz die so I tacked that on as well. I wanted to add some texture to the leaves, so I used my Cuttlebug embossing folder. The card needed a butterfly to go with the flower so I stamped one and cut it out. I could have just put it straight down with foam adhesive, but decide to fluff up up the wings with some glue dots instead. The sentiment went on last with the help of a Stampamajig. It takes the guessing work out of "Will I be able to stamp this wood mounted stamp on straight?"

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Prussian Blue, Blue Iris
Stamps: Studio G (all)
Paper: Recollections Basics- Purple Damask
Die: Sizzix- Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers (flower)
Punches: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Victoria)

0 comments :

Post a Comment