Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Food, Shopping and Lemons

Waiting, waiting...tapping fingers...Inbox (1)...ah, email!

Yes, this was a very important email that I had been waiting for all afternoon.

It was the email letting staff know that there was meeting leftovers in the kitchen! Whoo hoo! I even had my empty takeout container that I used for lunch washed out and ready to go. So I walked across the street and got a nice helping of Middle Eastern food. I was thinking that I'd have something leftover for dinner, but it was too good to pass up so I pretty much had a mini feast when I got back to my desk. Mwah ha ha.

And was in a food coma for the rest of the afternoon. But it was worth it. :D

Tonight was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins, did you go? I didn't, but then again, I've had enough food for today. :/

I went to New York & Company to pick up a present for a friend's upcoming birthday and of course, I couldn't resist buying some fabulous earrings for myself and a cute purse that was 50% off. Hello, impulse buying. This was great timing because my red purse that I carry everything in is starting to show wear. I mean, it had been for a while, but I was in denial and didn't want to entertain the thought of parting with it. I had my hands on some clearance nail polish at Ulta, but quickly dropped them and ran out of the store before I felt the urge to buy them. Whew, that was close!

Here's my card for today. I wanted to use a Studio G stamp set that had yet to see any ink. I stamped the images and added the rhinestones, but something still seemed to be missing up at the top, so I put a little patterned paper there and added some faux stitching. I'm a little uncomfortable with the white space on the upper portion of the card, but I knew that if I started putting stuff up there, the card would be too overwhelming. Better stop when the card's in a good enough place.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Ochre, Blackbird
Stamps: Studio G (all)
Paper: American Crafts- A La Carte
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment