Pages

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tres Leches, Part 2

Mmm, cake: My tres leches cake was a success! By the time I walked through the front door, I had an empty container. I gave the last short row to one of my neighbors. Awesome. The second picture is of my dinner tonight. Mmm...dumplings. Mom needs to come back from Taiwan so that we can make more. My freezer supply is empty!

Anyway, back to the cake. I shleped the whipped cream carton to the office with a bowl and mixer so that I could make the whipped topping fresh, and oh, man, that was good. In case you want to make the cake yourself, you can find the recipe here on the Pioneer Woman website. One of my co-workers is gluten-free, but she said that she HAD to have a piece of the cake. I took it as a compliment, but felt sad that she'll probably not be feeling so great afterwards.

I was a little worried when I saw that while there were many people saying they could come to the pot luck, not many people signed up to bring food when I checked the RSVP site. Thankfully, if there's one thing that my office knows how to do, it's eat. There was an abundance and variety of food...some homemade and some store bought. Other food items at today's potluck included kugel, some sort of Liberian spinach dish, several different rice dishes, Indian chick peas, mac and cheese, bean and banana empenadas, an Indian donut hole dish, etc.

Around the Internet:

0 comments :

Post a Comment