Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

New Purchase: PowerBlock Weights

I've been wanting to up my FitnessBlender game and invest in some new weights. I have a set of 5 lb. dumbbells and a set of 8 lb. dumbbells, but I've noticed that with some of the exercises, especially anything involving the lower body, I need a heavier weights. I didn't want to invest in several different dumbbell sets, so I went with the ones that Dan and Kelli use in their videos.  It helped that they recently did a video on them and the PowerBlock set also got good reviews on Amazon. I like they are adjustable and don't take up a lot of room. They arrived today, right after I got to work...so excited! After a 45 minute spin class I tested out the weights with Total Body Strength Training with Dumbbells - Challenging Dynamic Superset Workout and I'm sweating so much. I think the heavier weights made a difference. I took some progress pics today, so we'll see how this goes. I feel like my arms and legs are getting more toned in the past two months, but I don't think it's that evident in the pictures. Also, if I can get less squishy around the middle, that would be a big accomplishment. :P

0 comments :

Post a Comment