Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Lunar New Year's Eve

Today started out with a 45 minute spin class. It was a great class because a) I sweated through my t-shirt which is usually a sign of thorough workout and b) the instructor played music that I liked: "Haven't Met You Yet" (2x!), "Cowboy Casanova," and "I'm a Believer." I saw one of the girls that usually goes to spinning on the elliptical when I went downstairs after class. She had lost power for 5 days during the recent snowstorms. Yikes! I'm planning to go back tomorrow morning for the Super Spin class. I'm going to my uncle's house tonight for Lunar New Year dinner, and I foresee eating a lot of good food. Food report with pictures tomorrow, promise.

The color combo for today was rather Mardi Gras, but I didn't really realize it until the card was about halfway done. I wanted to make a "hello" card without actually saying hello. Instead I went with "yo yo yo" and shortened it to "yo^3." Hmm, kinda nerdy, right? I'm getting better at my bow tying, yay! I really have to credit Dawn McVey's video for being super helpful.

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Olive Green and Mustard
Stamps: KI Memories- Modern Alpha (yo), All Night Media (3)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, Carla Craft cherry blossom punches
Ribbon: "Eyelet" from Michaels
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

0 comments :

Post a Comment