Pages

Friday, February 5, 2010

Snowpocalypse #2: It Begins

My very understanding boss let me work from home today. I didn't think there was a point to go to the office only to have to come home in 4-5 hours. The Feds were closing 4 hours early so that people could get home before the snowstorm started. I WAS going to take the day off, BUT a) I didn't get what I needed to get done by today and b) I was already going to be cooped up at home because of the snow. I might as well be a good employee and get some work done (even though I was up until midnight emailing for work last night!).

It's been snowing non-stop since about 11 AM. I'm a little nervous to see what I wake up to tomorrow morning. The snow is seriously blowing around outside! The weather man mentioned that the snow this time will be wet snow, which translates to it being more difficult to shovel. Oh, goody. Even though I probably won't make it to spin class this weekend because of the snowy/icy roads, I'll probably get a workout by shoveling tomorrow. Oh, well. What can you do? I guess take snow pictures, shovel snow, and hunker down inside and make cards. The clear stamp lot could not have come at a better time!

Snow Pictures, taken around 5:30 PM

Here's today's card. All the stamps featured in the card are from the Ebay clear stamp lot I got in the mail on Monday. I really like the Autumn Leaves flower set because there are so many possibilities of the flowers you can create, since there's a selection of different petals and leaves you can use. I picked out a striped petal and a "loves me, loves me not" petal for this particular color. The pink, yellow, green color combo worked in this card so I used it again for this one.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, StazOn in Mustard, Cherry Pink, and Cactus Green
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment), Heidi Grace- Paradise (green flowers), Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (red flower)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch

I'll leave you guys with a picture of Ginger. So you've heard of "the Cat in the Hat"? I live with the cat in the box. I mean, seriously, how is this comfortable? Don't you get a crick in your neck?

Song of the day: "According to You"- Orianthi. Heard this on the radio recently, it's catchy!

1 comments :

Peggy said...

That's a hilarious picture of Ginger!

Post a Comment