Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Happy Second Birthday, Etsy Shop!

My Etsy shop, KittyKatKards, turned 2 today! I can't believe that the time has passed so quickly! I have really enjoyed being part of the homemade crafts community; this has been a really rewarding experience so far and I'll continue to craft as long as there's a huge dose of fun that goes along with it. At the 2 year mark, here are my stats: 365 sales and 2170 shop hearts.

I did some craft space organizing this past weekend and put together a box of my cards that I didn't want anymore or that I wasn't planning on selling to the office. After giving my officemate first dibs on the cards, I put the rest in the office kitchen for my co-workers. I took a picture of the box before I left the house this morning, and I don't even have an "after" picture because all the cards were gone by lunch time. Even the box was taken!

To celebrate reaching 48 Etsy sales for January 2010 and keeping dedicated to spin class, I decided to bid on an Ebay auction for a HUGE lot of used clear stamps. I won, and much to my surprise, it came in the mail today. I'm wicked excited to start using them...um, like right now!

Today's card, of course, has elements from the stamp stash that came in the mail today. I was super excited about the polka dot stamp from Martha Stewart because I don't have any polka dot stamps and I think they are quite versatile.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, StazOn in Mustard
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment), Martha Stewart (polka dots)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, EK Success (rubber ducky)
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

I went to spin class tonight and saw a girl that I went to middle and high school with. Wow, talk about a blast from the past!

3 comments :

Java Junkie said...

Congrats on all your success with Etsy!

Etsy Studios said...

How exciting! It's like winning the lottery.
Enjoy all of the fun you will have creating!

Cristina said...

Those stats are amazing!! Way to go! I think you owe a certain someone some kickbacks or royalties... :D

Im sure this is not the first time Ive made that joke. Doh. Just ignore me!

Post a Comment