Pages

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Martha Stewart: Fail

Crafty Review: For anyone that's curious about the Martha Stewart circle cutter, don't bother (in my opinion). I saw a video of it online and thought it'd be worth a try. I've been looking for a circle cutter, since I don't have a die cutting machine or a wide variety of circle paper punches. I own a Martha Stewart cupcake punch and I LOVE it, so needless to say, I had high expectations for this tool. Unfortunately, the little bugger didn't cut clean circles for me! I tried moving the cutter slowly. I tried taping down the paper that I was cutting. I tried putting the tool away for a little bit and trying again after 10 minutes. Mmmnope. No luck. Martha Stewart: fail. :( I'll be making a trip back to A.C. Moore tomorrow to return it. The search continues...suggestions are welcome!

I had intentions of going to the mall at noon today, but then I found this card challenge online (Our Crafty Lounge Design Team Sketch Challenge #2) and wanted to get started right away. I ended up going to the mall an hour later. Heh. I realized later on tonight that you had to use Our Crafty Lounge stamps in order to participate. Oops. Yeah, totally didn't do that. It really does help to read the rules, doesn't it? I had fun making the card anyway. I've been dying to find an excuse to use the pretty butterfly that came with one of my birthday gifts (thanks, Meg!). I made the origami flower card tonight because I felt like I hadn't been listing many new things in my Etsy shop recently.
Card Specs (butterfly):
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Citrus
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch
Stamps: K.I. Memories- Logo Daisy Doodle (flower), Fiskars- Kids Birthday (sentiment)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom and Grow (green leaf paper)
Embellishment: K&Company-Berry Sweet brads (butterfly)

I went to Barnes and Noble after going to the mall this afternoon and was taking a look at the most recent Stamper's Sampler- Take Ten. I thought to myself, "That'd be so cool if I could get one of my cards published." ::light bulb goes on:: I added "Get a card published" to my goal list this year. :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment