Pages

Monday, February 15, 2010

Happy Presidents Day

Ahhh, gotta love federal holidays. :) It's going to be weird going to the office tomorrow since I haven't been there in over a week due to the snowy weather. It'll be nice to get back to "normal."

Today, my goal was to make an origami flower Easter card to post in my Etsy shop (left) and also make a card with scraps and supplies that I hadn't used before (right). I planned to use the green/yellow part of the card for another project, but it didn't work out so I put it aside to use later on. The supplies that I hadn't used before were the bunny and sentiment stamps and the ribbon. The bunny image is supposed to be 4 bunnies, but they wouldn't all fit at the top of the card, so I cut out the guy on the right and added him towards the sentiment with some foam adhesive. I was tempted to use some buttons in that middle pink panel but decided that it might be overdoing it.
Card Specs (bunny):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Studio G (bunnies and sentiment)
Punch: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Ribbon: From Michaels
Paper: KI Memories- Celebrate Life
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

I went to spin class this evening, and man, I felt like I wasn't going to make it. It took forever to get through the class! I overheard one of the ladies in the class say something similar in the locker room afterwards, so I don't feel as bad saying that it was a tough class to get through. On a side note, I have no idea what happened to "cute gym front desk guy." He hasn't been there in a while. I hope he didn't quit!

Ok, time for Jack Bauer and 24. Later, peeps!

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

the origami card is really impressive!

Post a Comment