Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Recovery = Massive Traffic

I finally managed to get out of the house today, score! I decided to go to spin class, but the usual 10-minute trip to the gym turned out to be about 45 minutes because of the traffic. The snow on the side of the street narrowed all the lanes, and with the delayed opening of government offices, the streets were definitely jammed pack. People's patience seemed to be running low judging by how many cars were cutting each other off and a massive traffic accident that I saw on the way home from the gym. Oh well. I got a spin workout in, and I plan to go back tomorrow morning.

Before I get today's card, check out these pictures that I took of Ginger this morning. Mom was airing out the guest bedroom and Ginger, being the opportunistic cat that she is, decided to take a quick nap on the bed...on the pillow! Mom will definitely have to wash that pillow case unless she'd like our next guest to breathe in a bunch of orange fur. *cough, hack*
I made my sister's birthday card tonight, but I'll have to blog about it after her birthday later this month. Don't want to spoil the surprise. I did make another card to share with y'all tonight though, so no worries. I decided to use some blank cards that I bought a while ago (maybe 2 Christmases ago?). I think it was a Christmas themed pack, but there were patterns in there that could have other uses, i.e. this glitter and floral patterned card base. I've been wanting to use the elephant stamp for a while because it's so stinkin' cute! Getting a good image was tough...I think it's because it's a larger stamp, but I think this is good for now.

P.S. Dear Mom. You're probably not going to get those fabric scissors back. They are awesome for cutting ribbon. Luv, Me.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Ink It Up! in Watermelon
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Jungle (elephant), Playful Expressions (sentiment)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch)
Card base: Die Cuts with a View
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

2 comments :

♥Jennette♥ said...

Love the cat. LOVE the card and am now following! Have a great day.
Jennette
http://rockincupcake.blogspot.com/

Many Moons said...

Awww!!! The kitty looks JUST like my cat Bonzai! He loved lounging around on my bed too :))

Post a Comment