Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

Ahhh, today WAS better! Maybe a "case of the Tuesdays" doesn't exist after all. It was rather busy at the office today. I was an email mah-chine! I was really looking forward to going to spin class tonight because it's been a week since I've been to the gym. Birthday celebrations kinda got in the way, heh. However, I'm back on track now. Well, it's Day 1 of getting back on track.

Funny thing from spin class: a girl that takes the bike that's one up and to the left turned around and said "You're always there when I turn around. We always take the same bikes!" Yep, I swear, it's some unspoken rule.

On to today's card. I wanted to make a card with a) scraps and b) a stamp that I hadn't used before. I took some scrap pieces of paper and cut them into strips of different widths. Then I took some leftover white cardstock and put glue on one side. I adhered the strips randomly on the cardstock and took my paper trimmer to cut off the ends to make a clean edged rectangle. Ok, now for the sentiment. I went through my box from my Ebay auction win and picked out the "Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much" stamp. I think it's a positive motto to live by, don't you? After I adhered the buttons down with mini glue dots, I thought the card was still missing something. Hmm, what could it be? Ah, yes. It needs a little sparkle. I got some glitter glue and put a few dots of it near the stamped flourish.

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Playful Expressions (sentiment)
Buttons: Favorite Findings in Ocean
Paper: Die Cuts With A View
Glitter Glue: Studio G

Song of the day: "Live Like You Were Dying"- Kris Allen. Since we're talking about music, Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" has really been overplayed on the radio lately. I mean, don't get me wrong. I think it's a catchy song, but some of the lyrics are weird. I mean, seriously, who wants to brush their teeth with a bottle of Jack? ::eye roll::

2 comments :

jean said...

What a great card, and such wonderful words to live by!

Babamoon said...

i think this is my favourite of your cards posted so far! lovely design :)

Post a Comment