Pages

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Hello, Office. I've Missed You.

Today was my first day back in the office since February 4th, almost 2 weeks ago! The Feds had a 2 hour delay, but so did most of the schools. I didn't want to be caught up in traffic, so I left the house maybe 30 minutes later than I usually do. On the way to the office, I saw a car that had crashed into a snow drift, front bumper all mashed up. Yikes, what an awful way to start the day. At least the police were there to assist. Work today was crazy busy with a few conference calls and processing paperwork. Thank goodness it's a short week to help us ease back into the office.

I went to spin class tonight (wow, shocker). It wasn't as tough as yesterday's, thankfully. I'm glad for a much needed break tomorrow. Tonight was my 5th day in a row going to spin.

For today's card, I wanted to go for a simple card and also try a new technique: masking. I cut 1/2 inch strips of paper and used removable adhesive to attach the strips to the four sides of the card. Then I took the flower stamp and stamped it 3 times, each time with a different color. Then I stamped the sentiment and then finished the card off with drawing some straight lines to define the space. This card took about 3 times to get right. I had problems with the ink bleeding through and not completely cleaning the stamp off. Third time's the charm, right? :)

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Cherry Pink, Mustard, Royal Purple, and Jet Black
Stamps: SEI- Moravia (flower), Fiskars- Sentiments (sentiment)
Marker: Sharpie Ultra Fine Point in Black

2 comments :

icwhatsgoingonhere said...

Lovely card, and blog! I'm off to check out your Etsy store!

Dames & Dollies said...

You make really cute cards!

Post a Comment