Pages

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

No More Snow, Please?

Snow's in the forecast again. ::wail:: We're under some sort of winter weather advisory. I don't think it'll be a big deal, but the Executive Director thought it was a big enough deal to postpone a field trip to Delaware on FRIDAY. I've been plowing through my work this week so that I wouldn't feel guilty going on this field trip, but oh well. Better safe than sorry.

I kinda wish there was spin class tonight. I've been eating too much candy today. Darn you, CVS, for having good candy on sale. I just couldn't resist. Valentine's Day and Easter are not good holidays to have back-to-back because there's always good candy/chocolate around. I just can't get enough of those Starburst Gummies.

On to today's card. I had no idea what kind I wanted to make tonight. I dug through the stamps from my crafty loot purchase last month and came across some egg clear stamps that I hadn't used yet. I already had an Easter stamp on my desk. Bingo. I initially was going to put the popped out eggs on the left side of the card, but I felt that there would still be too much white space in the left area. Thinkthinkthinkthink (Winnie the Pooh style. You know, when he taps his hand on his head and furrows his brow?) I looked around my desk for some ideas. I saw the origami butterfly that I made a while back and hadn't found a use for it yet. With some stitching lines, I thought the butterfly filled up that space nicely.

I guess my crafty lesson from today is to use stamps/supplies that I hadn't before during the times I'm stumped on what to make.

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black, Colorbox chalk ink in Blue Lagoon, Lavender, Yellow Citrus, Orchid Pastel
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment, eggs)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom and Grow
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch

Song of the day: "Live Like You Were Dying"- Kris Allen.

0 comments :

Post a Comment