Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Crafty Loot

It's been a rather productive Saturday. I started out my morning with going to spin class. It was an alright class (that's not something I say very often). Almost every bike was taken, and with all those warm bodies, the spin room got kinda steamy. Gross. The instructor wasn't the one what we normally have on Saturday. She's subbed before, and I remember not really liking her. I can't really put my finger on why though. Meh, I got my workout in for the day. That's all that matters.Check out my loot from my shopping excursion this afternoon!! I went to Michaels (a different one from last night) and Joann's this afternoon, and got a ton of stuff that I'm so excited to experiment with. I came home with many $1 clear stamps from Studio G and Inkadinkado and 2 packages of buttons. I used stamps that I bought in today's cards. Stay tuned for more projects with these goodies!

The flower card was inspired by CPS#17. I wasn't sure about the color palette since it looks more fall-y and spring is around the corner, but it'll work for now.

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Olive Green, Pumpkin, and Azure.
Stamp: Studio G (flower), Hero Arts, Friendly Greetings (sentiment)
Ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon

I saw this ADORABLE beaver stamp at Joann's this afternoon, and I HAD to have it. I believe that it's part of their Valentine's Day series, but I liked that it can be used for other cards, not just Valentine's Day ones. This card was inspired by CPS#46. I used Prismacolor colored pencils to color in the image and evened out the coloring by using some baby oil (not a technique that I use often). I don't own many of these colored pencils, so I had to improvise with the beaver and log since they are both brown. I used the green pencil to add some "moss" to the log. The red background looked a little empty so I heat embossed the little heart that came with the beaver stamp several times.

Card Specs:
Stamp: Inkadinkado
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Color pencils: Prismacolor in Dark Brown, Peacock Green, and Carmine Red
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch

Song of the day: "All Fired Up"- Pat Benatar. I heard this at spin class today. The theme of the music today was fire.

4 comments :

nomadcraftsetc said...

What a cool update! That beaver is awesome! Thank you for sharing!

Christie Cottage said...

LOL "steamed up" :-)


There's not a Michael's anywhere close to me, but if I am in a town that has one...that's all I want to do is hang out and grab up all the clearance items!


Have a great Sunday!
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Piggy said...

Hmm.. it's good to be "steamy" i am glad you had a great workout even though you didn't really like the instructor.

Cute cards! I love those buttons you bought! I am always going shopping for supplies! It's like we never get enough of more stamps, more buttons, more packaging items. :)

God Bless
Alice
http://piggylittleshop.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/piggylittleshop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Piggy

Kerry said...

Very cute cards! Yeah for a successful crafty shopping trip too...I love those Favorite findings buttons!

Post a Comment