Pages

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Happy One Month Birthday, Blog!

My blog turned one month old yesterday! I promise that I won't be acknowledging every teeny weeny milestone, but I figured that making it to the one month mark was a big milestone for me. The major difference that I've seen in myself during this month of blogging is that I've been incorporating a lot of more stamping in my work and branching out into using card sketches. As much as I love origami and putting it on my cards, it's something that I'm comfortable with and I don't think I can really grow with my cardmaking if I just stick with what I'm comfortable with.

Thanks to all the blog followers! I hope that you continue to stop by and that I continue to keep things interesting.

I made it to spinning tonight, third night in a row. I couldn't miss Janice's class. The girl on the bike next to me had just run on the treadmill (she's training for a marathon) AND she made it to spin class. Wow, go her! We were both surprised to see the other person because of the recent workouts. I also told the gym manager that I loved the gym bag that I won during a recent raffle. It's amazing how much stuff fits in there. It's almost like a bag that Mary Poppins would have. What's wrong with showing a little extra gratitude, right? I'm taking a break from spinning tomorrow and you know that that means. Yep, more time for crafting! :D

I spent some time tonight remaking some of the Valentine's Day cards that sold recently in my Etsy shop, but I finished off my crafting for tonight with this "hugs and kisses" card. I suppose it could be in Valentine's Day territory, but not explicitly. Anyway, prior to making this card, I looked through some card sketches briefly. But then I figured I could challenge myself by going with the flow. I dug out a stamp set that I bought a few weekends ago and decided to use those circle images as the focus of the card. I used the foam adhesives to add some interest to the card since I didn't want it to look too flat.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan and Warm Red
Stamps: All from Studio G
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch and Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Foam adhesive: Making Memories
Ribbon: "Damask Steel" from Michaels

Song of the day: "Knock on Wood" - Amii Stewart.

2 comments :

fookaDESIGNS said...

Happy Birthday Blog! lol!

I love that...a gym bag for Mary Poppins...how fun! Cute card too!

Sarah said...

congrats! keep up the good work :)

Sarah (found via etsy forums)

Post a Comment