Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

First Sale of 2010

Yeah, trying to get to bed at a reasonable hour last night? Fail. Time flies when you're reading blogs.

Onto more joyful news...::happy dance!:: I got my first sale of 2010 today, after weeks (WEEKS!) of not selling anything. The buyer purchased one of my trademark items- the origami dress embellishment (a set of 12). This situation was a good reminder that even though it's been a while since my last sale, I must continue to push forward. An inactive shop is not an excuse to be inactive myself.

I went to spin class tonight, even though I was feeling less than enthusiastic to go. Who really wants to go outside when I have a perfectly warm home? Anyway, the instructor tonight played my Black Eyed Peas, so it was worth it. There was a new spinner that had the bike next to me. I thought she mentioned that it was her first spin class ever at the gym, so I was impressed that she kept up with the class and didn't appear to slow down one bit. Kudos.

I used Caardvark's sketch from January 1, 2010 as inspiration for today's Valentine's Day card. I also used this opportunity to break out an Inkadinkado stamp set that I bought myself for Christmas, specifically the Spring Blossom clear stamp set. 130 pieces for $7.50, what a deal!

Card Specs:
Paper: My Mind's Eye, Bloom & Grow
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black and Blazing Red
Stamp: Inkadinkado (flower vine), Studio G (sentiment)
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch

Song of the day: "Cry For You"- September. I usually hear this song during my Monday night spin classes, but it came up when I was listening to Last.fm at work today.

Now off to package up the order for the post office tomorrow. byE for now!

6 comments :

Angelina Fong Designs said...

Congrats on the sale! I love your origami dress cards! I actually featured it on my blog last week!

http://angelinafongdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/12/origami-greeting-cards.html

Piggy said...

Congratulations! On your first sale in 2010. I love your origami dress cards. Definitely your signature piece! :) When I see it, I know it's yours! :)

Best of luck in 2010! Thanks for dropping by my blog!

God Bless
Alice
http://piggylittleshop.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Piggy
http://twitter.com/piggylittleshop

Unknown said...

SO PRETTY!!

Unknown said...

Also, congrats!!

Southern Belle said...

Congrats on your first '10 sale! Hope you have many more.

Miss Chevious Designs said...

Congrats on the 2010 sale! Love the new card. Very pretty :)

Post a Comment