Pages

Monday, January 18, 2010

Adventures on the Metro

Bad news: I thought I lost my Metro card this morning. Good news: I got it back. Thanks for finding it, Meg!

Weird Metro story: Because the Metro station that I usually use was closed today, I had to take a shuttle bus to the next available station. The man next to me gave his seat up to an elderly man. The elderly man told the guy, "Oh, I was actually going to sit on her lap (referring to me)." He proceeded to take the empty seat next to me. Umm, does anyone else think that was strange?? I didn't think he was serious, but I didn't think the joke was that funny.

I found out tonight that the gym that I take spin classes at is doing a charity 2-hour (2 HOURS, eek!) spin class next Sunday to raise money for the Haitian earthquke relief effort. I signed up for it, so no backing down now. I hope I survive. I'll let you know. ;)

Here's another card that I used supplies purchased from this past weekend. This time I used the hummingbird stamp that I thought was really cute and unique. I see a lot of butterfly stamps, but not many hummingbird ones. This Valentine's Day card is based loosely on CPS#86.

Card Specs:

Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Studio G
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch and Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Buttons: Favorite Findings in Pink

Song of the day: "Just Dance"- Lady Gaga.

I need to watch the second half of the season premiere of 24 tomorrow. The season's just begun, and I'm already behind!

4 comments :

nomadcraftsetc said...

Cool! We just watched a program on PBS about humming birds-did you know that some fly all the way from south America to the very tip of Main, over the gulf without stopping? Magnificent little creatures.

Sorry about your Metro trip and you having to spin for 2 hours-you can do it though, it is for a good cause! Motivation!

Sarah said...

That's a pretty Valentine's card, but the origami breakup card in your shop made me laugh out loud. Is it wrong to hope for the demise of someone's relationship just so I have a reason to send that card?

Etsy Studios said...

Love your colour choice. Very cute!

Peggy said...

A 2-hour charity spin class? That's a way to raise money for Haiti I haven't heard of before. Let me know how it goes!

Nice card; I like the image of the bird on the branch.

Post a Comment