Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Here, Kitty Kitty

I spent this morning helping my cousin move into the dorms at the University of Maryland. Whew, I am so glad that I don't have to live in the dorms anymore! No more shower shoes, noisy roommates/hallmates, and small living spaces. I'm happy to see that he's enjoying college. Aww, my baby cousin is growing up, sniff sniff.

My Etsy sales have been picking up recently, especially with my origami valentines. I'm making sure that my shop is stocked with a good variety of them. Here's one that I made tonight.

Here's today's card. I used a napping cat stamp that I bought a while ago, but have never used (wow, I'm beginning to see a trend...I've said this quite a few times this week). This card was originally going to be landscape, but I couldn't get the bow to sit just right so I had to turn the 90 degrees. I'm not usually a bow person, but that's because I don't think they ever turn out right for me. I need to practice, so no better time than the present! After a few attempts, this is how it turned out.

Card Specs:

Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: StazOn in JetBlack
Stamp: Hanko Designs (cat), Hero Arts, "Thinking of You messages"
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch and Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Foam adhesive: Making Memories
Paper: Recollections

Today was kinda a lazy day, but tomorrow is...dun dun dun...the 2 hour charity spin class benefiting the Haitian earthquake. I'll report on that tomorrow.

Song of the day: "It Happens"- Sugarland.

1 comments :

LeaKarts said...

Those origami cards are adorable! I can see why they are selling well, I'm going to go take a look at your shop :)

Post a Comment