Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Bewitching Evening

I'm watching Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince as I type up this blog post. This is the only movie that I've gone to see at the theaters more than once. Yep, I liked it that much.

I snapped this picture of Ginger tonight for Project 365. She's been camping out in the pear box that my parents used to carry groceries from Costco this past weekend. The box has moved to several rooms in the house and wherever it is, she's sleeping in it. I don't get it. How can it be more comfortable than her basket?

Anyway, moving on. My challenge tonight was to make a card with a color that I don't normally use- purple. I also dug out an owl stamp and a package of rub-ons that I haven't used in a while. This card is based loosely on CPS#150. I'm totally loving the Colorbox chalk ink that I bought this past weekend. I'm finding that the StazOn ink pools on the clear stamp slightly, leaving a blotchy looking stamped image. And that's great if that's the effect that I'm looking for (i.e. in this flower card), but most of the time, I want an even image. By the way, I'm getting better with using those foam adhesives. :D

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Studio G (owl), Inkadinkado (sentiment)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch and Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon
Rub-on: American Crafts, Mini Marks, Accents, Book Three
Foam adhesive: Making Memories

Song of the day: None. I was too busy working on those meeting minutes at work and watching Harry Potter this evening to get into any music today.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I'm going to get back to the movie. Later gators.

2 comments :

Lauren Shostal said...

such an interesting photo!
lovely blog- i'll be sure to continue following you!

Piggy said...

Ginger is so cute!! Love the sweet card too :)

I just featured my favorite movie on my blog :) Do check it out.

God Bless
Alice
http://piggylittleshop.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/piggylittleshop
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Piggy

Post a Comment