Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Monday

OMG, it was so difficult to wake up this morning! Yesterday's nap was longer than I intended, and it put a kink in my bedtime. My goal for the rest of the week is to go to bed at a reasonable hour...sometime before midnight.

I went to an hour long spin class tonight. The instructor kept suggesting putting 2-3 full turns on the bike knob. It was quite the workout! I did notice that there were a few more people in the class (and at the gym) tonight than normal, but I guess that's what happens at the beginning of the year. Cute gym front desk guy was there this evening. I really have to find out what his name is. It feels...I dunno, strange? awkward? to see him every week FOR MONTHS and just say "Hi" when I come in and "Have a good night" when I leave. Someone once told me that it's important to learn people's names and address individuals by their name. It makes things personal. You movie fans might remember this quote from "You've Got Mail." Great, great movie.
Joe Fox: It wasn't... personal.
Kathleen Kelly: What is that supposed to mean? I am so sick of that. All that means is that it wasn't personal to you. But it was personal to me. It's *personal* to a lot of people. And what's so wrong with being personal, anyway?
Joe Fox: Uh, nothing.
Kathleen Kelly: Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal.
I didn't have time to make card tonight, so instead, I'll show you today's Project 365 photo. It's the pair of earrings that my buddy Meg gave me for Christmas. How did she know that I was looking for hoop earrings? I took them in my light box and did some Photoshop magic to adjust the lighting. Too bad I don't make/sell jewelry, I think I did a pretty good job for my first photo of jewelry. :) I'm thinking that many of my Project 365 photos coming up will have to be taken inside. It's too freaking cold to be walking around outside taking pictures.

Song of the day: "Give It Up to Me"- Shakira. Yep, still.

2 comments :

Piggy said...

Stunning earrings! :) Great job! So did you find out the cute guy's name? ;) Have a great week ahead!

God Bless
Alice
http://piggylittleshop.blogspot.com/
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Piggy
http://twitter.com/piggylittleshop

Tina said...

Thanks for the compliment on the earrings, Alice! Nope, haven't found out what his name is...it's on my to-do list ;)

Post a Comment