Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

Mission: Completed

Sorry about the absence yesterday. Work stuff. You understand, right? I've been planning an important committee meeting for work the past few months on and off, and it took place yesterday and today. I thought the meeting went successfully, and I think everyone left today feeling like the discussions were productive and next steps have been identified. Both my boss and the commitee chairwoman complemented me on a job well done, but I made sure to remind them that it was a team effort. I couldn't have pulled it off by myself, and I was so happy to rely on my co-workers to help out and make sure that our guests were comfortable (and well-fed). I also appreciated that the committee members actively participated in the meeting with their thoughtful ideas, rather than keeping quiet or just saying "I dunno." Closing the meeting on a positive note made the longer days so worth it. :)

I went to Michaels and A.C. Moore tonight. At Michaels, they had mad deals on some paper packs, something like $4 for a paper pack that was originally $21!! I picked out two that I liked, but after thinking more about it, I only liked a few of the papers in each pack, so I didn't think I could justify buying the whole thing. So, yep, I put the back on the shelf. At A.C.Moore, I bought some Colorbox chalk inkpads (Chestnut Roan and Warm Red) to experiment with. One of them was on clearance too. Score!

I was happy to be able to get back in the crafting mood today. I created another Valentine's Day card featuring a larger origami dress.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Paper: My Mind's Eye
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch and Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Ribbon: Spool O' Ribbon

Song of the day: "Sweet Caroline (Remix)"- Angelo Venuto.

1 comments :

Ren said...

Love the origami on the card!

Post a Comment