Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray For Friday

Happy Friday, peeps! Did you make it through the first full week of 2010 alright? I did. Hey, guess what! It snowed last night! Mmm, yeah. Like 2 inches? It looked pretty whimpy compared to Snowpocalypse a few weeks ago. I took some snow pictures this afternoon after the work. Thankfully, it wasn't TOO dark. I captured this picture of one of the garden animals for today's Project 365 picture. The rabbit looks rather disapproving, but then again, I'd be grouchy too if I was stuck outside in this frigid weather!

For today's cards, I challenged myself to use up some of my scraps. You might notice that the base of this card looks very similar to the card I did for January 6. That's because I had cut the green scalloped edge piece a little too big the first time around, but instead of tossing it in the recycling bin, I decided to save it another time. I used some various punches to create the flower embellishment, and instead of using embroidery thread for the button, I used some pale pink ribbon. I thought that the bottom right corner was looking a little blank, so I went back to my scrap pile and cut a triangle out to balance things out. I hope you can see the swirls that I embossed in the black background.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamps: Studio G (swirl), Inkadinkado (sentiment)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View
Punches: EK Success 2" scalloped circle, Marvy Uchida sun (?), Brenda Walton seal, Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch and Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch

Song of the day: "Haven't Met You Yet"- Michael Bublé

1 comments :

Sweets and Hearts said...

hey cool, you're doing the project 365 too! i started late and have to catch up, haha. <3

Post a Comment