Pages

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Make It Work

It's been quite a rainy, dreary Sunday. Blech. To add some cheeriness to my day, I decided on a bright and colorful color palette for today's card. I also wanted to continue to use things that I purchased yesterday, so I picked out a butterfly stamp and buttons. My original plan was to have just 4 circles at the top of the card in a 2 x 2 fashion, but then I realized that when I punched them out, one of the circles was out of line and I had already made this mistake earlier. Instead of discarding another piece of orange cardstock, I decided to cover the second row of circles up with the blue cardstock piece and punch another circle at the bottom to balance out the top two. My next dilemma was what to do about the blue space. I initially tied some blue floral ribbon around it, but the width of the ribbon was too short in comparison to the blue space, making the ribbon look overwhelmed by the blue. I untied the ribbon and dug into my scrap bag and found some green patterned paper to replace it. I didn't think the ribbon matched the green and blue combo, so I used some mini glue dots to adhere some of the buttons that I bought yesterday. This was definitely a "make it work" card. There's no point in throwing away work if adjustments can be made. Yeah, the final product might not be what you first envisioned it, but the original idea can be done again some other time.

Card Specs:

Ink: StazOn in Jet Black, Azure, Cherry Pink, and Mustard
Stamp: Studio G (butterfly), Inkadinkado (sentiment)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Family Treasures circle punch, EK Success 1 3/8 circle punch
Paper: Martha Stewart
Buttons: Favorite Findings in Ocean

On another note, anyone out there a 24 fan? The new season starts tonight, a 2 hour episode! I hope it was better than the previous one. I can't wait to see Jack Bauer kick some butt. :)

Song of the day: None. I didn't listen to much music today.

0 comments :

Post a Comment