Pages

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Changes

I debated on going to spin class this morning, but the pillow and toasty bed won the (very short) battle. Oh well. When I did muster the energy to hop out of bed, I saw that the origami panda Valentine's Day card sold to someone in Spain (!). What a great way to start the day!

Today was the day that I have been waiting for for a while. Yep, it was haircut day! It might seem like a rather normal thing, but today's haircut involved cutting off my 10-inch ponytail! I've been growing my hair out for donation to Pantene Beautiful Lengths. It was a rather dramatic change, but I like it. Blow drying will definitely take less time now, yay!
I'm going to a potluck lunch tomorrow with some of my friends from school. I decided to bake some pumpkin chocolate chip pound cake. I made this several times during the holidays, and I realized that I had 1 can of pumpkin leftover (1 can makes 2 loaves). I'm so excited to see the girls. Even though we email frequently over the course of the workweek, it's been a while since we've gotten together in-person.Today's card is another "Thinking of You" card. I'm planning to send it to a friend's mom that's going through a tough time at the moment. I could have used the "Thinking of You" card from yesterday's post, but the black didn't look as cheerful. The card features an origami dress (it's one of my favorite embellishments to use on my cards in my Etsy shop) and some pink ribbon. The yellow strip looked a little empty so I added some teeny clear rhinestones to add some sparkle and interest to the card.

Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamps: Hero Arts, "Thinking of You messages"
Paper: Die Cuts with a View

Song of the day: Don't have one for today. Didn't spend as much time listening to music as I usually do.

8 comments :

Kim said...

Oh my gosh! I love it! That is a ton of hair to cut off at one time... props for donating it! I cut my hair all off about 4 years ago and I can't stand when it gets past my shoulders now... I know you're gonna love how much easier it's going to be to style. :o)

BeckyKay said...

Love the haircut! And that bread looks yummy! Just the thing for a cold winter's day!

Angelina Fong Designs said...

Congrats on the sale! Your new do looks fabulous and think of how much less shampoo and conditioner you will have to use! lol. That's so cool you donated your hair. I did the same thing a few years ago to Locks of Love.

Sharon said...

That's a great idea about the hair donation, what a wonderful thing to do.

Chrissy Ann Ceramics said...

You are a brave lady! ;)
Congrats for the donation! I had donated to locks for love & it was a really great feeling! The haircut looks great!
I'm printing out the pound cake recipe.. I hope mine looks as good as yours!
Have a great weekend,
Chrissy

Christie Cottage said...

I never heard of the Panture Beautiful Lengths. I mailed a 17 1/2" braid to Locks of Love before Christmas. It was one of many that I had from cutting my hair before.

My hair is over 4 feet long. I cut it off when my husband died and vowed to never cut it again.


Your hair cut is cute and I love your cards!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
http://christiecottage.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Thank you for the compliments on the haircut! I'm so glad to hear that other people have donated their hair as well. Y'all have big hearts! :)

Sharon said...

I've just added a link to my blog - see http://www.tishtashtoys.com/blog/2010/01/things-ive-been-reading-this-week/

Post a Comment