Pages

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Compliments are Free

So, tonight at spin class, one of the girls that's in the class said to me "Your haircut is cute." Wow, that was totally unexpected! I didn't think anyone at spin would notice or say anthing. That's really cool. Remember, folks, compliments are free. It doesn't cost you anything to say something to brighten someone's day! I should do it more. On another note, the spin instructor was talking about organizing a 90-minute spin class for charity. Holy moly. Sounds crazy and painful. Ok, I'm in! No, I'm serious. As long as it's not the day of my buddy's marathon in March, I'm in. Friend commitments first.

Onward. I wasn't sure what I was going to do for today's card, but I got an Etsy convo from someone who was wondering if I was going to be doing more origami dress Valentine's Day cards. Umm, it wasn't on my mind, but now that you mention it, sure, why not? I decided to make some mini cards with origami dresses, ribbon and rhinestones (for a finishing touch). I just can't resist those rhinestones! They aren't specifically for Valentine's Day, but they do have the traditional Valentine's Day colors- pink and red. That'll work, right?

Card Specs:
Ribbon: Spool o' Ribbon
Punch: Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch

Song of the way: "Gravity"- Vienna Teng

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Love the card, its adorable.

katie hanson said...

in high school, my best friend and i made a pact that we would compliment 5 people each day. it was amazing and we felt great. think of all the days we made, too! :) congrats on the compliment and yay for inspiring convos!

xo, katie

Post a Comment