Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Son of Snowmageddon: The Recovery

I was SO happy to see the sun this morning when I woke up. It definitely helped melt some of the snow. I got quite a workout in today by chipping away at the ice on the driveway and near my car. I contemplated going to spin class tonight, but since the roads aren't really clear, I thought it'd be best to drive during daylight hours for the time being. My goal is to go to tomorrow morning's Super Spin class. Even though the Feds are on a delayed schedule tomorrow, the Executive Director emailed us tonight to say that the office was closed tomorrow since getting to work might still be dangerous for some people. I'll still be able to monitor my email from home like I have been all week. No problemo.

Today's card is this one with more gender neutral colors (as requested by a buyer). At some point, I need to invest in a longer acrylic block that is big enough to handle clear border stamps. I used the largest one that I have and the stamp kinda hangs off the edge which makes it a little difficult to get a good resulting image. I think it turned out okay for this card, although it did take a few tries to get the dots just right.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, StazOn in Cactus Green
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment), Martha Stewart (polka dots)
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch, EK Success (rubber ducky)
Paper: Die Cuts with a View
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

Song of the day: "Haven't Met You Yet"- Michael Bublé.

I'm going to go turn my brain in to mush now...by watching Real Housewives of Orange County. Laters!

0 comments :

Post a Comment