Pages

Saturday, October 10, 2015

New Jeans, CrossFit, Housewarming Party and Uncomfortable End to the Evening

I headed out earlier than usual to go by Old Navy to get a pair of skinny jeans (the jeans I bought yesterday were bootcut). It surprisingly didn't take too long, even though the jeans section could have really used some straightening up. An added bonus was getting a set of 3 pairs of "diamond" studs: tiny, small, and medium. I also browsed Marshalls to kill some time, and when I was leaving to go to CrossFit, Julie texted me saying that she got a message from the co-owners that the parking lot was being paved so no one was allowed in the gym. I started heading home and she sent me another text message saying that the coach was going to do an outdoor workout in the back parking lot. I made a U-turn and headed back. Fortunately, I wasn't too far away. The 10:15 class was closing up. I think it's cool that the coaches made it work AND that a good handful of people showed up anyway, despite what must have been an unfortunate surprise this morning.
Hello, Fall.
I headed out to Hilary's place for her housewarming party with my tray of banana pudding in tow. I was the first one there, which worked out fine because I wanted to could catch her up on office gossip and how her new job was going. I had 3 helpings to the macaroni and cheese that she made and 2 pumpkin whoopie pies and some yummy spicy chips (heh). I met her 2 other roommates and other friends. I'm glad that another coworker was there so I didn't feel like I was by myself. I stayed for about 2 hours and then headed back home (the introvert in me was wiped out).
Sephora lip stain in Blackberry Sorbet.
When I got to the parking lot, I saw some of my neighbors chatting and drinking. They invited to me to join them. I thought it'd be rude if I didn't stay for a little bit. One of the neighbors has been trying to get me to join his gym. He went inside to get something and came back to hand me a free 7-day pass. I accepted it, but realistically, I have no interest in going to that gym, even if the membership price is significantly lower than what I pay now. My loyalty to the gym and CrossFit box that I go to has nothing to do with the cost. It's about the people and experience I have while I'm there. It didn't take me long to realize that he was a little tipsy. "When are we going to the gym together?" Uh, never? He kept touching my arm and ranted about religion. "...They don't have sex... they don't drink!" And then he proceeded to touch his junk. I was so uncomfortable. He offered me a vodka and orange juice, to which I took a sip of and held in my hand for pretty much the entire conversation, only to pour it down the drain when I got home. Finally, I just had to get out of there. I told everyone good night and the guy gave me a sloppy hug and it took everything in me not to run around the corner to my house.

Ugh, I feel so gross and angry. WTF. What a way to end an otherwise nice day. I can't wait to go to MY gym tomorrow and work out this frustration.

0 comments :

Post a Comment