Pages

Sunday, December 30, 2012

New Birthday Card

Spin class: I almost didn't go to the gym for spin class this morning, but I'm glad that I did because a) I wanted to give Janice her bag of peppermint bark to show my appreciation for her doing awesome classes all year.  She seemed really touched and in turn, that made me feel good and b) I caught up with a gym friend and a coworker.  I also learned that there was going to be a 2-hour spin class held on New Year's Day.  I hope I can make it to some of it!

Coupons: I was so happy that I went to my parents' house yesterday to rummage through their weekend inserts and clip some coupons.  I saved $12 just on coupons alone on my today's trip to CVS.  One thing that I got was some hair dye.  The grey hairs are really standing out against my black hair, and it's making me a little self conscious, so we'll see how it turns out tomorrow.  I can pass for someone 10 years younger...well, until you look at my hair.  Time to fix that!

Card: Here's my card for today (I'm starting to get my mojo back, I think).  I was rummaging through some of the crafty goodies that I bought during last Christmas's clearance sale and found some cardbases, so that's where I started.  I picked a stamp that I hadn't used in a while.  You can't tell, but it didn't stamp cleanly in this middle, so I covered it up.  Hee hee.  The orange and brown patterned papers were already sitting next to my paper trimmer.  Easy peasy!

Card Specs: 
Card base: Recollections
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Deep Lagoon. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.
Stamp: Stampin' Up- Party Hardy (present), Studio G (sentiment, floral background)
Paper: American Crafts- Abode, Die Cuts with a View- Nana's Kitchen
Floral sticker: Basic Grey Bloomers- Pyrus collection
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

I have the day off tomorrow, so I'm planning to see what other after Christmas sales I can score before I have some people over at the house for pizza, movie, and NYE ball drop. :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment