Pages

Saturday, December 8, 2012

ZooLights

Shopping: New York and Company sent me an email this morning to alert me to their holiday sale: 50% off everything!  I also got a coupon in the mail: spend $100 and get $40 off.  It was too good of a sale to pass up.  I ended up being there for about an hour, making sure that I didn't miss anything.  At the end of my visit, I walked out of there with a new pea coat, a dress, and 4 tops.  I felt very lucky today!

Lunch and Movie: After New York and Company, I met up with Beth for lunch at Noodles and Co. and then hung out at her place with Lilly and watched The Five-Year Engagement on RedBox.  I enjoyed the beginning and the end, but there were parts in the middle that I thought were unnecessary and awkward (or maybe unnecessarily awkward?).  My favorite scene was the Elmo/Cookie Monster conversation at the end of the movie.  I'm glad it was in there; it pretty much saved the movie for me.  Overall, it was an entertaining movie, but nothing I'd see again.

ZooLights: It wouldn't be the holiday season without ZooLights for me.  I went last year and the year before that.  I guess you could consider it a tradition by now.  I met up with Meg and Robyn for dinner at the Woodley Cafe and then walked off our dinner at the Zoo...along with the gazillion people that were there with us.  That must have been because of the nice weather and the fact that it was Saturday.  The new carousel was a nice addition.  We sat and watched it for two rounds, trying to make out what animals they chose to feature.  The clam and cuttlefish got no takers both times, sadly.

0 comments :

Post a Comment