Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Caardvarks Clean & Simple Challenge

Ok, 2 weird things that happened today:
  • I went into the bathroom to put my contacts in, reached in the contacts container-thingy. Nothing. Nada. HUH? What gives? I searched around. I even looked down the drain, and they were hanging out in the drain catcher. Gross. Sigh.
  • I went for a run right after I got home from work. I felt motivated because a) I didn't go to the gym yesterday (took a nap instead) and b) I ate a lot at work today. I had to use my Nando's free 1/4 chicken before it expired, and we also had leftover meeting food from Potbelly.
So, guess what. I'm not the only artsy-fartsy person in the family. My sister is the cartoonist for the college newspaper. The comic for this week is below (click for a clearer image). Given that today is the first full day of fall, I thought this would be appropriate to share. Except it doesn't feel like fall at all with the 90+ degree weather we've been having today.
Today's card was inspired by Caardvarks's clean and simple challenge. They were showing off a bunch of Hero Arts Christmas/holiday cards, so I figure I could go with that theme too. I used this as an opportunity to use my new Swiss Dots embossing folder that I got last weekend. I also used the stamping off technique that I used on Tuesday. To make the Noel sentiment stand out majorly, I used black embossing powder. Pow!

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Deep Green
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions (sentiment), SEI- Winter Song (leaf)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)
Paper: American Crafts-The Goods Ceremony Paper

5 comments :

maureencracknell said...

Another great card!

:)maureen

VeganCraftastic said...

Very cute card!

BabaMoon Baby Knits said...

love this one! the colors are great!

jgbeanz said...

I really like your card :)

Elizabeth (Beth) Moore said...

Hope you don't mind me stopping by your blog to tell you about Papercraft Star (just in case you don't already know!) We'd love to have you enter some of your inspired projects in our challenges there. We're also having a DT call soon and want to tell papercrafters like you about the call! There is still time to enter our PTI gift certificate drawing too! http://papercraftstar.blogspot.com/2010/09/another-gift-certificate-give-away-at.html

Post a Comment