Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Fall-To Layout 108

Whooo hooo, day off! I didn't do anything really that special though. Spin class in the morning (I had the bike next to Tuesday night's instructors...it was kinda intimidating), followed by craft stores in the afternoon. I bought another set of Colorbox chalk inks (used 50% off coupon), a container of Prima flowers (40% off), and a Martha Stewart butterfly punch (40% off). I'm excited to use the inks and the punch in cards this weekend. I already used one of the flowers tonight.

I did some more craftshow prep for the rest of the day. I cranked out a few more origami flower cards. I decided to put the flowers on kraft cardstock, but I wanted my sentiments in black. I didn't think the StazOn was going to be dark enough. thinkthinkthink. Ah ha! Black embossing powder. It totally did the trick.

Ok, the Fall-To Layout challenge today (#108) was a real challenge for me, primarily because I don't own any big circle dies. I guess I need to invest in some at some point so that I can do projects like this. I had to be a little creative and use my Spellbinders label die instead. I love how the red flower totally makes a statement in the card.
Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
Paper: Die Cuts With a View- Citrus (floral)
Brad: Recollections- Silver Circles
Flowers: Prima
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Victoria)

0 comments :

Post a Comment