Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Patience, Grasshopper

Another almost full-day strategic planning meeting today. I think I was the youngest and lowest ranking staff member there. I dunno what that means. Does it mean that a) all the staff on my level just skipped out or b) the leadership thought I could contribute something intelligent to the conversation? I hope it was option b, even though I talked maybe only once and that was when we broke up into smaller groups. Oh well, at least it was something (and they rewarded us with lunch from Panera).

Whew, after over 3 weeks of not having an Etsy sale, I sold an origami giraffe birthday card. I think it's important to have faith in your products and "just keep swimming" even if the sales don't come in. No, don't lower your prices, thinking that you'd get sales (see short discussion yesterday). You'll just sell yourself short. You did the work to create the card, knit the scarf, mold that clay, etc. You should be rightfully paid for your effort, time, craftsmanship and materials.

I saw one of my spinning buddies at the gym yesterday. She has put the spin classes on hold for the moment because of her pregnancy, but that hasn't stopped her from working out and training with her trainer. I saw her doing some lunges holding a weight up high in one hand, all with a visible baby belly. She's my hero. ::applause::

Spin class was quite a work out today. At the end of class, the instructor asked if anyone wanted one more song. No one said anything and I just shook my head as in "no more." She saw me and said "Ok, Tina wins. I know you worked hard today, Tina. When I put more (resistance) on, I can see Tina cranking away too." Oh, good. So my sweaty effort does not go unnoticed.

On the way home from the gym, I heard this car ZOOMING by, only to be stopped by a red light. Mwah ha ha. Stupidhead. Yeah, you don't feel so super cool now, do YA?

Today's card was inspired by...uhhh, well, what was already on my desk. I had the Basic Grey paper and light blue cardstock die cuts hanging around from over the weekend, and I felt compelled to use them. The flower cut out from the Basic Grey paper wasn't even a full flower, so I positioned it so that it'd be right against the bottom and left side of the card. I also had black die-flowers and I decided to use them because I thought they would be a good dark complement to the pink and blue. I guess my yellow phase is waning, only to be replaced by die-cut flowers.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in French Blue
Stamps: Hero Arts Cling Dots (polka dots), K.I. Memories- Crazy Love (sentiment)
Die: Sizzix- Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers (flower), Cuttlebug- Flowers
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart- Classic Butterfly, Marvy Uchida (jumbo daisy)
Paper: Basic Grey, Martha Stewart
Brad: Recollections- Silver Circles
Foam adhesive: EK Success, Thermoweb

0 comments :

Post a Comment