Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Work, Rawr

Work this week has been exceptionally challenging, and there was nothing I could have done would have prevented it. I've been working on a return on investment project for the past 3 years with a workgroup composed of members from my association. My work hired a consultant to crunch numbers that the workgroup provided, and for the past few months, we've been asking the consultant to explain how he got the numbers. This shouldn't be difficult, right? Just show us the formulas. Easy peasy, right? NOPE.

We had an in-person meeting yesterday and today, and wow, things got a little heated yesterday (first thing in the morning, mind you) when the workgroup had lots of questions for the consultant. He raised his voice a few times and got defensive. UGH, it was so uncomfortable, I wanted to leave the room a few times. I feel like this project is one step forward, three steps back. BLAH! I'm hoping we can find ways to move forward with this project without the consultant because there is NO way I want to add $30,000 to this project and continue to work with a consultant who is rude to our members and slow to be forthcoming with his data methods.

At least folks had a good time at dinner last night. 1/2 price bottles of wine probably helped!

I'm glad I was able to make it to CrossFit this evening. I couldn't go yesterday because of this meeting.


0 comments :

Post a Comment