Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

CPS #174

This afternoon, I met up with one of my graduate school friends, Jessie, at Panera. It was so nice to catch up with her. We always have good conversations. She's off to Orlando on Saturday to Disney World and Universal Studios (hello? Harry Potter!!). Lucky duck :)

Today was the last TH night spin class that the gym was offering for the summer. I decided to go since I hadn't been to spin since last Friday ::hangs head in shame:: The after-work naps just totally get me sometimes. The instructor that was teaching last week wasn't there, but instead it was Janice (Tuesday night's instructor). She totally called me out for not coming to class recently. Oooops. ::whispers:: They knowwwww. I'm gonna try to make it to Anna's class tomorrow morning (taking my second Annual Meeting comp day tomorrow).

I went over to Card Positioning Systems (#174) for inspiration tonight. I also decided to use the blue/red/yellow paper because it was laying around my scrap pile. I thought the yellow cardstock matched the yellow in the scrap piece nicely. I was going to do a tone-on-tone effect with the butterfly, but the Mustard ink wasn't showing up as boldly as I would like it to so I cut another piece of yellow cardstock and stamped the butterfly again in red. I though the yellow piece needed some color, so I picked up the Mustard inkpad again and ran it over the edges several times. Even though that color didn't work for the butterfly, it worked nicely for the edges. I decided to add that apron lace border punch piece because all straight lines around that blue piece was going to be boring. And of course, I finished up the card by rounding some corners and adding some rhinestones.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red. StazOn in Mustard
Stamps: Hero Arts- Thinking of You Messages (sentiment), Inkadinkado (butterfly)
Punches: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
Paper: Die Cuts With a View- Citrus
Button: Favorite Findings in Ocean

1 comments :

Heather T said...

You've nailed this challenge. I love the distressed look you've achieved with the mustard, makes me think of patchwork and grandma's aprons.
Very pretty.

Post a Comment