Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

New Crafty Adventure

Ahhh, comp days are awesome! Just like last Friday, I woke up just in time to make it to Anna's 1-hour spin class this morning. It was quite a work out. I'm not sure if it was because I had gone to spin class last night or because I've been a bum the last few days. Anyway, it was a great workout. At the end of class, she pondered "Hmm, I guess it's just another weekend, right?" Someone in the back of the class spoke up "There's the World Cup!" Anna- "Oh, right." Person- "Well, your home team isn't playing." Anna (she is originally from England)- "They were quite rubbish." Person- "They were almost as bad as us!" I found the conversation amusing.

After spin, I was quite busy! Post office to mail off orders, grocery store to replenish my supply of yogurt/cereal/milk/ice cream, did 1 load of laundry, put paper scraps away, vacuumed my room, read some crafty blogs, and sent some work-related emails. Whew! However, productivity took a nosedive when I put the freshly laundered sheets on my bed and took an afternoon nap.

Back in January, when I was writing my New Year's Resolutions, I decided that one of them would be to learn a new craft. I found some cute crochet flowers on Little Birdie Secrets and wanted to make some of my own. I had seen this blog post a while back, but at the time, didn't have the desire to start something new. I thought these would be a wonderful alternative to Prima flowers. I knew that Mom had some leftover yarn from when she was crocheting winter hats for us, so all I would need to get is a crochet hook. After dinner tonight, I made my craft store rounds. I bought some flower ribbon, 2 stamps (each stamp was 50 cents, what a steal!), and a set of crochet needles (with 50% coupon, the 6 hook set was less than $6!). After watching the LSB YouTube video and working with the maroon yarn, I was able to crochet my first flower! ::patting self on the back:: I saw how it looks like a stitched brad was used in the flower center of one of the example flowers in the blog post, so that's what I did in today's card..

I picked up a bag of Lifesavers Gummies. They are yummy, but they kinda all taste the same, despite having 6 different flavors advertised. :P
Card Specs:
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamp: Studio G
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Brad: K&Company- Wild Saffron
Paper: American Crafts-The Goods Ceremony Paper
Other: Black Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment