Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Tuesday Trigger 7-6-10

Ok ok. I confess. I stayed up wayyy past my bedtime last night to finish Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol. Hmmm, I dunno. I thought the author did a good job keeping the reader interested, but the ending left me wanting something more WHOA, not meh. I read through 500+ pages, I want a good ending...know what I mean?

Pleasant surprise at the office: Whoo hoo, the IT guys hooked me up with a new hands-free phone device for my work phone. I have at least 3-4 conference calls a week, and since I have an office roommate, sometimes I feel bad using the speakerphone when she's in the office. Occasionally, I just move to a different office to take the call or just take the call in my office, hoping my roommate will use her headphones if it gets too loud. I've recently had a problem with people not being able to hear me on the speakerphone even when I'm unmuted, but with this new hands-free device, all my phone related problems are now resolved. What a great way to start the work week! :)

I went to Moxie Fab World to check out their Tuesday Trigger, while my sister was picking out paper for today's card. I told her that the stamps were going to be enough for this card, which she picked out just before. I thought the picture was intriguing with the contrast of black and splashes of color. My sister picked out small stamps that I stamped in clusters in Charcoal ink, similar to the dark images in the picture. I tried to mimic the splashes of color with the larger floral stamp, popping up some while stamping some directly onto the white cardstock. I originally had clear rhinestones, but I thought the black ones would stand out more and also tie back to charcoal background. The finished card looks kinda modern artsy, don't you think?
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blue Lagoon, Lipstick Red, Yellow Ochre, Pink Pastel, Charcoal
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment), Basic Grey- Medallion (all other stamps)
Foam Adhesive: EK Success
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

7 comments :

OurWanderingAdventures said...

Congrats on the phone! Hope it's a good solution and I love those cards!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tina, your cards are beautiful... I'm off to check out your Etsy shop now, have lots of occasions coming up so have been looking for unique cards. Following you now... Keep up the good work!

Maureen Cracknell Handmade said...

What a wonderful print - your cards are always great!

Jess said...

Great card! Love all the patterns!

Lynne said...

Super card. Great take on the trigger.
Lynne xxx

Nerina said...

I love the hip feel of this!

Sylvia said...

Lovely card! Good job with the trigger!

Post a Comment