Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Delta Woes

On the way to CrossFit yesterday morning, the radio was saying that Delta Airlines was experiencing major delays and cancellations due to an outage. Oh great. How was this going to impact my trip to Atlanta??

I kept an eye on my flight information when I got home from the gym. Since I had the extra time, I went to Safeway to get some travel snacks. I went to the airport fully knowing that the flight would be delayed some more. Delta even went so far as to order what looked like 60 pizzas and popcorn for the people in the waiting area. Normally, I would be happy about free food, but I'm already kinda a nervous traveler and I just wanted to GO! Surprisingly, people weren't really visibly upset in the waiting area. I'm not sure if that's because of the advance notice of the delay or they were in a food coma (or both!).

I was supposed to get to Atlanta around 5 PM and meet my boss at baggage claim so that we could get dinner and go to the hotel. All that waiting resulted in me getting to Atlanta around 8:30 PM and getting to my hotel room at around 9:30 PM. Sigh.

Anyway, the meeting today was successful and my boss was happy, so that's really all that matters to me. I'm thankful this was a short trip! My boss said that Delta was going to give $200 travel vouchers to affected customers, so I'll be on the lookout for it and planning for a random fun trip in the back of my mind.

0 comments :

Post a Comment