Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2016

Zoolights 2016

After CrossFit this morning, Julie and I went to Target (came out with 2 tubes of wrapping paper, some fast food ornaments for the tree and chocolate for my office). I came home to shower and then start working on making my Christmas cards.

Tonight. Robyn and I went to ZooLights at the National Zoo (2010, 2011, 20122015) and because she's a member of the zoo, we were able to take advantage of some of the perks. Metro was having issues on Robyn's end so I hung out at McDonald's to stay warm (and use their wi-fi). And then I started to get hungry so I bought a 10-piece chicken nugget box. When Robyn arrived, we munched on them as we walked up the hill to the zoo. The first stop was the Elephant House were the members and their guests could walk through and get snacks and see 2 of the elephants. Some of the freebies we got were a fun size bag of plain M&Ms, apple chips, fruit juice pouches and Nando's Peri-Peri Chicken was there to give away sangria, brownies, and small bottles of their sauces (garlic or hot). Then we went to the carousel. We were lucky to be the first in line when it was our turn, so Robyn took the ferret and I took the bison that was next to it (animals not to size...).

Then we went to the tubing hill. And then it was time for dinner at Open City. I got the hash brown bowl. OMG, it was so good. Nice and filling and warm for this cold night. :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment