Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas is over, cry cry cry

Yep, it's true. Christmas is officially over. Cry cry cry. You know how I know? 2 clear signs.
  • I saw a Christmas tree on the street curb. My sister informed me that this is not such a bad thing because dry Christmas trees can be quite the fire hazard. Our Christmas tree is fake, so it's going to stay up until after the New Year. I can enjoy the lights for another week.

  • I went to A.C. Moore today, and I saw that they were putting up all the Valentine's Day goodies. Onward to the next holiday, I guess. I can't blame them for being prepared.
Another change I hope to make in 2010 is actually use the craft supplies that I buy. Whoa, what a concept right? Do you ever get that urge to buy something that catches your eye as your wandering the craft store? I do. Heh. Darn you, awesome packaging! Why must you cast your "buy me" spell?? Well, we're going to change that. In 2010, I will make more of an effort to use what I buy. And if I get the urge to buy something "just because," I will run like crazy to the nearest exit.

Well, even though it's not officially 2010 yet, I did succeed in not buying anything on today's trip to A.C. Moore (even though I had a $20 gift card!). I, instead, used paper and white embossing powder that I already had and broke out a brand new VersaMark inkpad that I got months ago to create this Valentine's Day card.

Card Specs:
Paper: KI Memories holiday fun paper pad
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Ink: VersaMark
Stamp: Studio G

Song of the day: "Defying Gravity" from the Wicked Soundtrack

1 comments :

Annette said...

I know what you mean about using what you already have...I can't pass up pretty fabric especially if it's on sale!! You did good at A.C. Moore!

Post a Comment