Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mini Flood

With Snowpocalypse 2009 hitting the Metro DC area last week (see reference picture on the left), today was the Great Melt. It rained most of yesterday and today, and 21+ inches of melted snow is now in the basement. Periodically today, we had to manually scoop the water into buckets and toss down the drain. Yep, we're THAT old school.

So you've heard of Spring cleaning? Well, I did some Winter cleaning today. Getting my room in order, and random stuff in their rightful places. It was a rather cathartic experience. I also bought another light for my light box in hopes of taking better pictures for my Etsy shop. With a little Photoshop magic to brighten things up, I was pleasantly surprised with what a difference a $11 light and $9 light bulb bring. I tested out the new set up with these new Valentine matchbook notepads. Cute, no? :)

1 comments :

RhiannonSTR said...

We're in RI and same thing here. Not quite 21 inches - I think we got 18. The rain has caused such a muddy mess. My Dad was actually stuck in VA for hours and hours and almost didn't make it home for the holiday. I love the snow - but this muddiness - ugh.

Post a Comment