Pages

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Love, Actually- Just Kidding

Today was the last "movie at the office" day of the week (office is closed tomorrow and Friday). I thought we were going to watch the movie "Love Actually," but instead we watched "The Fifth Element." What a weird movie. I only watched the second half and didn't like it. No offense intended for the movie's fans.

I went for a walk around lunch time and stopped by Borders. I figured they might have some clearance items around worth checking out, and they did! I picked up "The Art of Racing in the Rain" by Garth Stein. It was recommended by my officemate and then TWICE (!) by two different people at the Borders when I was looking at the clearance book selection. The paperback book was $3.99 (regular price: $14.99), score! I HAD to get it! I'm a sucker for good sales. I'm looking forward to reading it during the New Year's break. Stay tuned for a review.

Tonight, my family and I had dinner at The Daily Grill. I had a huge chicken pot pie. I highly recommend it (I also heard someone at a nearby table recommend it to their table companion). Their chocolate cake was fabulous too. The reason why we went there was because we had a $20 coupon.

Time for a "Random Act of Kindness" story (but it's not my story...it's really my sister's). We had 2 $20 coupons, but we could only use one, so before we left, my sister went to a nearby table to ask if the couple wanted to use the coupon. They already had one. She approached another table; they, too, had one! The third and last table she approached didn't have a coupon and graciously accepted the one that she offered. They saved $20 on their meal tonight. The end. :)

I made this Valentine's Day card with some cardstock, scrapbook paper, embossing powder, embroidery floss, and buttons that I already had on hand.

Card Specs:
Paper: Stemma- "Roses of Red" and My Mind's Eye, Bloom & Grow
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Ink: VersaMark
Stamp: Studio G

Song of the day: "United State of Pop"- DJ Earworm. Nope, haven't gotten tired of it yet.

0 comments :

Post a Comment