Pages

Sunday, July 31, 2016

Happy Birthday, Uncle!

Even though my uncle's birthday is tomorrow, we celebrated today. Mom made a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, and we all went to my uncle and aunt's house for lunch to celebrate. Several of my cousins were there too, so it was nice to catch up with them. I had mentioned that I made dumplings yesterday and was going to continue making them tonight. it turns out that my cousin Emily and my cousin's girlfriend Michelle had made dumplings recently too.  Michelle had also gone the extra step and made the wrappers.  Um, yeah, I don't have the patience for that!
I think he wishes he was turning 28 instead of 82, but I think he will always be 8 at heart.
We are having an international potluck at work tomorrow, so of course, I said that I would bring in dumplings. I also tacked on a tray of banana pudding as a "surprise." This always happens, I always mumble to myself, "Why did I volunteer to make these? They are so labor intensive when you assemble these by yourself!" But then when I'm done, I have a huge sense of accomplishment! I made about 150...85 are going to the office and the rest are going to family or in my tummy for quality assurance.

0 comments :

Post a Comment