Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloween 2012

At the office: The Federal government had an unscheduled telework/leave option today, so I decided to take it (even though I wasn't experiencing any storm damage).  I woke up this morning and didn't feel like getting out of my pajamas.  Plus, I had my work computer, so there wasn't anything that I needed to do at the office that I couldn't do at home, e.g. working on session proposals.  I even had my weekly call with my boss in Colorado to talk about the drafts that I wrote.  Last week, we divided up the session proposals: I somehow ended up with 6 to do and she had 3.  Even though the office was closed on MON and TUES, I took the initiative to do work anyway.  "Tina, you had office closures MON and TUES and you managed to get your work done.  I didn't have an office closure and I didn't get my work done," she says to me.  Yep, that's me.  The model employee.

Halloween: I'm not sure what was up with the trick-or-treaters this year, but I didn't get that many or what seemed to be fewer than last year.  I even went to Target to buy more candy after my call!  I am debating on whether or not I should donate it to the office kitchen.  Maybe if I put it in the cabinet on top of the fridge, I'll be less likely to reach for it because it'd require a chair.  Cute costumes this year were an elephant, Sleeping Beauty, G.I. Joe, and Spider-Man.

1 comments :

June K said...

Tina, keep a few of your favorites and put them in the cabinet on top of the fridge. After all, when chocolate calls you must have some (get the chair and climb on up). Take the rest and donate to the office. I just can't resist chocolate so I can only leave a few around the house. I know two friends who do not like chocolate. I wish I was like them.

Post a Comment