Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Army 10-Miler

Robyn and I woke up early this morning and metroed from our respective places to cheer Meg while she ran the Army 10-Miler.  Just like in the St. Patrick's Day 8K earlier this year, Robyn got a balloon so that we could be easily seen from the crowd.  She wasn't the only one that had this idea.  I saw people that had a macaw balloon and a whale balloon.  There were quite a few spectators and even 2 bands playing...and of course, a bunch of cute Army guys to gawk at while we waited for Meg to appear.  We saw Meg just before the 6 mile mark and performed our friend-y duties by screaming and cheering her name. 

I spent the rest of the day napping and reading...until it was time to go to dinner at my parents' house.  It was a nice way to end the weekend.  I'm only working on Monday tomorrow, and then taking the rest of the week off of work.  I can't wait to be able to wake up whenever I feel like it!

1 comments :

June K said...

Enjoy your time off, Tina.

Post a Comment