Pages

Monday, October 6, 2014

RJ's Home!

The vet said that he had to put a catheter in on Sunday and I was sorta freaking out about that because I was worried that he was regressing.  I asked my boss if I could telework today so that I could go visit him at the animal hospital after work and then go to the office for a reception.  Much to my surprise, the vet called me to say that "so far, so good."  What?!  That's great!  Apparently, the catheter was just a temporary thing, not an overnight thing.  "If nothing changes today, he can go home tonight."  YAY!

It was hard to get through a full day of work and a work reception when I knew I could be springing him out of the hospital, but I managed.  I wasn't sure what I was supposed to be doing at the reception except for eating and being nice to people, so that's what I did.  I'm not much of a small-talker so social situations like that make me a tad nervous.  The new President was congratulated for completing his doctorate recently and he got a big cake.  I stepped in and helped him cut and serve it.  I stayed for about 45 minutes and then asked my boss if I could leave to go get RJ.

When I got to the animal hospital, the receptionist that was working during that shift was like "You're late."  Hah, I guess it goes to show how often I was going there the past week (basically once a week, since last Tuesday).  I told her RJ could go home.  "Oh, great!  That's fantastic!"  She went over the medications and I paid my bill (roughly $2500, ouch!) and then the vet technician got RJ.  He whined all the way home, which was a welcomed sound because the last time he was in the carrier, he was a very very sick kitty.

He really missed his maroon fleece blanket, as you can tell.

2 comments :

June K said...

Tina, I'm so happy to hear RJ is better.

Anonymous said...

Glad you have RJ home...ouch is right....$2500. But you love your kitty so it is worth it. Hoping RJ gets better with your care and he is back to his old self. It sure gets lonely in a house without our furry friends.
Louise

Post a Comment