Pages

Friday, August 15, 2014

Shingles, Day 5

Today is Day 5 of this shingles experience.  The pain that's associated with shingles reared its ugly head yesterday.  It feels like tiny pinpricks in the affected area, and the pain makes it very difficult to concentrate on anything, even sleep.  I've had my wisdom teeth pulled and my gallbladder removed and neither one of those experiences compares to shingles. I haven't showered or washed my hair since Tuesday, which sounds gross, but the thought of anything touching me makes me mentally wince.  Good thing I haven't had to be anywhere except the pharmacy yesterday to pick up my antiviral medication and antibacterial ointment. Fortunately I have been able to take sick days TH and FRI.  There's no way I'd be able to do any work or even make it to the office with these ugly painful blisters on my neck.

:'(

Maybe I should consider taking a shower...

2 comments :

June K said...

Yikes, the nerve (pinprinks) pain. I couldn't wash my hair either.

Anonymous said...

Ouch....so sorry to hear. What do they say shingles is caused from???
Louise

Post a Comment