Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

2010 USA Science and Engineering Festival + CPS #190

I decided to wander over to a geek fest at the National Mall today to check out the 2010 USA Science and Engineering Festival. I was not the only geeky person there either. There were TONS of people, and I was encouraged that there were a lot of little kids. We need those guys to be interested in science so that we can continue to have awesome scientific discoveries/inventions in the future. Here are some pics from today: Albert Einstein, drug dog (he was part of the exhibit, not part of security), "Journey to the Center of the Lung" (I think this was some sort of ride, but the line was super long so I didn't investigate further), slime (which wasn't as gross as I thought it would be. It kinda reminded me of a beluga whale.), and robots.

I made another batch of Rolo cookies tonight for the office. Note to self: 1 container of cocoa can make 3 batches of the cookies. I will not be participating in the office Best Treat competition later this week because I'll be hanging out with friends Page and Meg, so this is kinda my early contribution. I'd win anyway. Mwah ha ha ha. ;)

I tackled CPS sketch #190 tonight. I knew I wanted to use the color purple and this floral stamp from Inkadinkado that I hadn't used in a while. I stamped the image several times with different colors and added some yellow flowers to tie the white cardstock panel to the yellow cardstock that I used the border punch on. I can't decide if I should have used white embossing powder for the sentiment instead of the black ink, but I think the card's pretty good as is.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackberry, Yellow Ochre, Aquamarine, French Blue. StazOn in Jet Black.
Stamps: Fiskars- Friendship Garden (yellow flower), Inkadinkado (flower stamp), Studio G (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

Songs of the day: "Mine"- Taylor Swift.

1 comments :

Southern Belle said...

Sounds like you had fun & I like that card.

Post a Comment